Following the disruption of the last sixteen months we have planned a return to ‘normal’ from
September 2021. During the pandemic we have had to change many elements of the way
the school operates based on government guidance. Like many other schools we have
learned from this experience and, having reviewed our logistics and taken on board some of
the feedback received, we realise that there are aspects of the changes that remain
beneficial to us. We are also mindful that some parents of younger children have not
experienced school as it used to be. Please note, however, that our operating arrangements
are subject to change should the national situation change, in which case we will contact you
with any important updates.
Here are the main points of our current Covid safe measures:
- We continue to encourage excellent hygiene amongst all pupils and staff and continue
to provide hand sanitiser stations around school. Good ventilation remains in place and
we will review how this is managed this as necessary during the cooler months.
- As per government guidance, face coverings will not be required on the school premises
and will be at the discretion of individuals.
- We will no longer be operating in class bubbles. School lunches and assemblies will
return to the school hall.
- Barrow Extra continues to be available for all age groups from 7.45am through to the
start of the official school day and until 6pm after the school day finishes. This will
continue to operate in two areas with Years R, 1 and 2 in the hall and Years 3, 4, 5 & 6
located in the Learning Lab next to the hall.
- The majority of children and parents will enter and exit school via the new building
entrance gate. Reception parents will use the side gate near to the main office.
- We are continuing to slightly stagger pick up and drop off timings.
- You will find our updated Covid-19 risk assessment below.
We continue to have robust contingency plans in place should this be needed throughout
the year. This planning encompasses the management of local outbreaks or changes to
the national picture with attention to the following:
- Continuing to follow public health advice on testing, self-isolation and managing
confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Revising our Outbreak Management Plan in line with Public Health advice, including
provision for remote learning – see our Remote Learning Policy and guidance for
- Continuing to frequently review our Covid risk assessment
If you have any questions, would like any further information or would like to give your
feedback, please do contact us via the school office.
Please also find below links to the latest government guidance:
COVID Risk Assessment – All Year Groups & Barrow Extra
Remote Learning Policy
Remote education provision: information for parents
Contact Tracing in Education and Childcare Settings – September 2021