Curriculum Overview Years 1 – 4
The current topic maps and long term plan’s for each year group can be found by following the links below:
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation lists for Years 1 through 4
- How to read with your child at home (print off and fold into a booklet)
- Our guide to PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) in school
- Whole school reading information for parents – Presentation on how your child is taught to read
- Useful website links for reading
As the National Curriculum is changing rapidly, you may wish to download the National Curriculum Parents Guide from Rising Stars. This explains the changes to the National Curriculum and the new assessment and contains a clear outline of the new content, by year group, with some background information about how the curriculum and assessment work.